New Tattoo | wanderlust |

09:37

I've wanted a wanderlust tattoo for about the last 2 years, today (12/9/14) was the day that I finally did it! Yet another item to cross off my bucket list! 


For those who don't know what wanderlust means, it is a German word meaning 'a strong urge to travel'.

All my life I've wanted to escape and travel the world! Most of my bucket list is about traveling, I'm doing a degree in English language and literature and a TEFL course so that I can teach English abroad and travel.


The font I had was drawn up by a wonderful artist; Jessica, also known under her artist pseudonym brownpaperbunny who creates wonderful watercolour prints and illustrations! 


Before I went into the tattoo studio I went to Starbucks just to eat a little more, so that I wasn't faint. However, when you're extremely nervous and shaking eating is awfully difficult. 

I am also very glad that I got my take away tea as I kept sipping it whilst I was sat waiting in the tattoo studio - it definitely helped to calm my nerves! 

^ Stencil 

I was so scared of the pain since it was on my foot but to be honest it wasn't that bad. My artist started in the most painful place to get it over and done with but that wasn't even that painful. All in all I'd say that it was irritating but that was really it. I'd say it was a 3 out of 10. 




Because of the placement I will have to go back in 2 weeks to get it touched up - which I don't mind so much since it didn't hurt all that much. 

I absolutely love it so much! I'm so happy! Although now I want another one....

You Might Also Like

0 comments