Nineteen

03:54

I was scrolling through Tumblr the other day as usual and i came across this, A Checklist For The Age 19.  Being 19, nearly 20 (which I am terribly un prepared for, I think I have a fear of aging) it really related to me.  Tumblr didn't state who wrote this list but after googling it I found that the author of this list was Jennifer Schaffer. 



A Checklist For The Age 19: 

- Forgive. 
- Forget. 
- Fake it. 
- Chin up. 
- Wear lipstick. 
- Make lists. 
- Make sure your voicemail isn’t full. 
- Mix protein shakes, 
- Send timely thank you notes.
- Sip drinks more slowly.
- Stare at adults’ eyebrows.
- Smile without dimples.
- Develop perfect posture. 
- Be gracious, be kind, eliminate self-pity. 
- Look in the mirror and shift your internal monologue from ‘How do I look?’ to ‘This is my face,’ from ‘What the hell am I doing?’ to ‘This is my life.’ 
- Capitalize your emails.
- Read the news.
- Walk briskly.
- Stay focused, and never, ever let on that you are somewhat lost and sometimes lonely and so completely confused (and would someone please just let me know what it is I’m supposed to do next, where exactly I’m supposed to go–). 
- Just keep going. Go, and do not stop.

You Might Also Like

0 comments