Wanderlust feelings

15:27



Recently, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my life and the different routes I've taken, the paths I've crossed and the avenues that I've been down to get where I am today. 

In my life, up to this moment in time, I've done quite a lot but one thing has always remained the same ever since I can remember, that being my extremely strong urge to want to travel and escape. Although I didn't know it at the time that strong feeling was that of wanderlust! Which is why as soon as I found that word and it's meaning I fell instantly in love with it.  

I remember that even as a small child I'd tiptoe to look out my window in the evening, there would be rows and rows of brick houses each one nearly identical to that next to it, the same view, the same things would happen everyday. I'd think to myself there must be more than this and how I yearned to travel, to escape, to go. I would always make plans when I was younger to run away to different places, and leave the place where I felt awfully alone and trapped. 

Buin actual fact (minus my childish dreams and fantasies) it wasn't until I was much older that I ever went abroad, because we couldn't afford such things at the time. 

My first ever trip abroad was to Paris, and I simply fell in love with the city, the architecture, the lights, the grandness of it all. The experience really opened my eyes and, I believed that anything you believed strongly in would come true. 

I definitely know that all I want to do In my life is to travel around the world, to fall in love with many cities, to have stories to talk about, and to of been on many exciting adventures. 

I am hoping that my degree in languages will allow me to travel, with prospects of teaching English abroad as well as translation work. I do think that my love and passion for learning languages and my wanderlust go hand in hand. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments