Bachelors of Arts (English) Graduation

11:55

I‘m proud. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever been so proud of myself as I am right now. I can certainly say this is the proudest achievement of my life: receiving my Bachelor of Arts (English) degree. Four years ago, I embarked on my my university journey starting at the Open University at the age of 19, at the beginning of this never did I think that I would be graduating with a first class degree, let alone a first class degree from a top-ten university. 




I am not going to lie - It was tough. Studying is tough. It is definitely the hardest thing I have done to date, but the most worth while. It had many ups and downs, stresses and illnesses getting in the way like hurdles. I have learnt a lot, read a lot, written a lot and cried A LOT! But I can proudly say  I am officially a graduate! 




The ceremony itself, is now such a blur. It all went so quickly! I walked up the stage nervously, my name was called out and all I could think was 'do not trip over on stage in these silly high heels' as I walked towards Seb Coe. Luckily, I didn't trip over and it was all ok in the end! 




It was a lot of hard work, but it just goes to show that anything is possible if you put your mind to it, believe, dream and work hard. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments