Art Gallery, Museum and University Tutorial

15:09

“Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.”





Today I went to the New Walk Museum art Gallery where they've just opened a new section on the ceramic works of Picasso.

Most of the ceramic works have smiley faces imprinted on them, which is a very motivational image to see!



Also today I went to my first ever University tutorial I was very nervous! Before going there I had a lovely cup of tea and a salad for lunch.






So my first ever university tutorial:

As usual I was early, half an hour to be exact. I waited around outside as my nerves increased (which was silly looking back as it was totally fine! silly anxieties!) Anyway....my tutor is lovely she's very nice, she is also a teacher at another school. Although weirdly she is EXACTLY how I pictured her and there's a sense of Deja Vu - perhaps I've seen her somewhere before I'm not sure either that or fate. Everyone who was there was also nice - there's a wide range of people there with different backgrounds and ages so I feel that we can all offer something to our group and each of us are doing different degrees for different reasons. We were also told that there's going to be a trip to Nottingham Art Gallery - which I'm looking forward too. However, on the down side I didn't feel like we learnt much on a whole but it's the first one so we mainly just got to know one another, but since I'm ahead it's ok anyway.







You Might Also Like

0 comments